Unveiling the Metrics Behind EmailMonks Interactive Easter Email
2015 ended on a high note for email marketers with 54% of marketers rating email marketing as the most effective medium of digital marketing. Furthermore, the industry influencers were bullish about 2016, and had predicted the upcoming trends in Email Marketing. Among these trends, the use of interactivity in emails was predicted by our Master Monk, Jaymin Bhuptani.
So, on the joyous occasion of Easter, Monks decided to bring happiness by giving away some heavenly Easter gifts to our email subscribers. And the divine connection was set by sending emails with a twist of interactivity called Flip effect.
(The EmailMonks Easter campaign 2016)
This Easter email template was conceptualized by fashioning 3 clickable Easter eggs in the email design, where everybody is a WINNER – with an assured gift in one of the three eggs. [Yea! We cannot disappoint anyone on Easter ;)] The winners could either win a gift hamper or discount coupons. The lucky ones won a gift hamper for themselves and the ones who won discount coupons for their orders found themselves luckier as they got a chance to strengthen their relationship with EmailMonks. 🙂
So, what is a flip effect and how does it work?
Well, Flip effect is an interactive CSS animation in email that lets you reduce the lengthy content in your emails and flip-flop them as per your requirements. It can be useful to offer discounts, showcase the multiple products along with its information on flip, and so on.
For those who’ve been thinking about the renderability of our Easter Email with a flip effect, here are some divine facts for you
• Flip effect will only work with email clients supporting CSS3 animations
• In Desktops, the flip effect renders well on hover in Apple Mail & Thunderbird
• In mobiles, this email works well in native apps only, except Gmail App
• For all other clients like Outlook, Gmail, Gmail App & Yahoo mail a fallback has been provided
This is how this email looked after providing a fallback support
To experience the interactivity in your inbox click here
Now, let’s have a look at some industries that can make the most out of flip effect in their emails
• E-commerce businesses can send out emails showcasing various products along with its information on flip effect.
• Companies looking to share eBooks can share a part of the content in email using flip on hover where they can turn the pages and check the excerpts.
• Research firms can use the flip effects to show the stats along with a brief about the research.
• Tourism companies can showcase their multiple packages along with details on flip effect.